Raise your hand if this describes you: You start working toward a new goal with excitement, only to watch it eventually fizzle out to nothing. If you’re human, it’s likely you’ve experienced this phenomenon. Why is it some goals are just so hard to accomplish, whereas others we’re able to conquer with ease?
On today’s episode of The BiggerPockets Podcast, that’s exactly what you’ll discover. Diving deep into psychological research on goals, motivation, and time management, Brandon and David will pull back the curtain on how people set and accomplish big goals and give you a GPS toward changing your life forever. If there is one episode you listen to all year, let it be this one!
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By
Roddy’s is a distressed debt lead company that has been providing the nation with the most reliable, fast, and accurate distressed debt leads since 1963. Check out Roddy’s newest product “Pad Hawk” which lets you search millions of leads — helping you find vacant homes, delinquent tax, and foreclosure leads across the country.
Nobody comes close to Roddy’s when it comes to providing users a reliable and robust distressed debt lead source. To learn more about Roddy’s, visit biggerpockets.com/padhawk.
Deep Dive Sponsor
Hiring the right assistant to help run your real estate business can help double your portfolio, hiring the wrong assistant however can lead to headaches and your business falling apart. That’s why you should use linkedin to find your next hire and grow your real estate empire!
Go to LinkedIn.com/BP and get $50 OFF toward your first job post!
Fire Round Sponsor
If you’ve been thinking about getting a SimpliSafe – Home Security System, but have been
waiting for the holidays when all the tech deals come out—you’ve made a smart move! If you go to SimpliSafe.com/biggerpockets you’ll get 25% off any new system. That’s an amazing deal.
They rarely do anything like this but they’re doing it just for us!
In This Episode We Cover:
- The real estate G.P.S. system
- Training your reticular activating system
- Make sub goals
- Reward yourself for small wins
- Why humans need processes and steps
- Lead measures vs. leg measures
- Learn the L.A.P.S. system on finding deals
- Keystone habits
- Schedule meet-ups
- Set the behavior, time, and location
- Why you may want to join a group that meets weekly with clear structure
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
Books Mentioned in this Show
- “When people wrote down their goals, they were 33% more successful in achieving them.” (Tweet This!)
- “Subconscious is a powerful ally, but a terrible master.” (Tweet This!)
- “Every goal you desire is preceded by a process required to get the results.” (Tweet This!)